Connect processing failures and the alert map

Jeff are you able to help me resolve the backlog of requeued packages? Some will relate to tests and training but others to patrols and I obvs can’t tell which, so I’m reluctant to just be deleting them. I can’t bulk select packages to delete them anyway so that would be a long task one by one. Is there something I can do in Desktop to reestablish the link between these packages and their patrols? On occasion I’ve found that editing start/end times of patrols has enabled packages to come through but it takes quite a lot of work to figure out whcih patrol a stuck package might relate to. And sometimes sorting one package has the enabled other stuc ones to come through. And/or, can you provide me with a download of the stuck packages so perhaps I can work from the json files myself? Again, I can only download one at a time so it’s a major task to try and get them all. I would really need the file name as appears on the queue (i.e. date/time uploaded to connect) to be associated with the files if this was possible, just so I can keep track. The name that is used when I download a package doesn’t mean much to me unless you can tell me that I can convert it to the upload date/time?