Docker image for SMART

I am trying to install SMART with DOCKER and would like to know if you currently have an image in DOCKER that has everything needed to install SMART.

Greetings

Hello Salomon,
Are you referring to installing a local instance of SMART Connect? What version of SMART are you using and what OS is your server using?

1 Like

I want to install smart 7 on my local for testing and then on a server. i want to use docker and use an official docker image if it exists. i understand that with docker it doesn’t matter what operating system it runs on.

Hi Salomon,
I’ currently busy with creating and testing a docker version of SMART Connect. I need a few more days to provide the Docker files. It will consist of three different docker container. One for PostgreSQL with PostGIS, one for Apache Tomcat hosting SMART Connect and one with an Apache Webserver as the frontend.

3 Likes

Hi @Oliver and community,

I would be very interested in this too as I would like to run my own server. I would be very greatful for having access to these files.

Best regards,

Adam

Hi @Oliver, What fantastic news, this is great to hear.
I’ll keep an eye out for it. Thank you very much!

Hi @Oliver, have you succeeded your mastering the Docker image for Smart Connect Server. If so, could you please share a link to it.

Thanks

Olegh

Hi Olegh,
I have a docker compose file, that creates a SMART Connect System more or less on the fly.
At the moment I’m a bit reluctant to release it directly to the public, becuase there are still some minor issues that need to be resolved.

1. Because of some internal issues of the Postgres system it’s difficult to auto start the containers, because SMART Connect requires a full operational database when started. The standard availability testing of docker just reports to early that the database is up even when it’s still starting
  2. I want to incorporate a mechanism to generate a public signed certificate. At the moment it only provides a self-signed certificate. I think the best approach is to precreate that public certificate and the use in SMART Connect. When no certificate is available it should fallbackt o a self-signed certificate.
  3. Updating to a newer version still requires to many manuell steps. There should be a more automatic option to update to newer versions.
    If you can live with these things I can send you the current version of the docker setup

Oliver