I discovered how to change metric units in SMART Mobile 385 by chance, but now my question is how to change patrol language

Hi there,

I was first wondering how can I change the metric units. We are still using SMART Mobile 385, therefore we do not have the “Metric Units” option in the settings.

I first set the language in settings as “System”, and since my device is in Spanish, I got SMART in Spanish, as wanted. Then, I realized that on the map, units were miles and feet, and I wanted kilometers and meters. To solve this, and by chance, I changed the language settings to “Spanish”, and with this, the units changed to kilometers and meters. :sweat_smile:

However, the units are still in English. I am thinking that I could change this, in the settings label of the project, but I can not change that since I just have an English option for patrol language. So, how can I include Spanish in there?

Thanks for reading and sharing your experience,
Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Please check on SMART desktop you already to add Spanish in supported languages right?
And the data model is already in Spanish.

I think you should install SMART mobile on Play store instead SMART Mobile 385.apk

1 Like

Hi Jackie & Pouy,

Thank you, Pouy, for your response. This is very useful. I hope this helped you, Jackie.

Just a note, Jackie, if you do choose to use the version of Mobile available on the app store that you’ll need to be running SMART 7.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

So, the fallback language is different from the SMART Desktop language and I have to add a supported one. Quite interesting, thank you @Pouy :slight_smile: