Install SMART in MacOS Monterey

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 12.07.47 AM

Hello Folks! I am struggling to install SMART in MacOS Monterey version 12.2.1. I am getting this message (attached). Am I missing something? Replies are much appreciated.

Hi Abu, which version of SMART are you trying to install? After the Mac Catalina upgrade, any version of SMART, 6 or below, no longer works with Mac. This will be fixed with SMART 7 onwards.

1 Like

Thanks James. Having same message for both versions: 6 and 7.

Hi Abu,

Which version of SMART 7 are you using, please? (e.g. 7.0.0, 7.2.0, 7.4.0 etc.)

As James mentioned, you won’t be able to use SMART 6 on this OS. Once we confirm the SMART version we can see if that is the issue.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Abu,
I didn’t see a resolution for this, so I wanted to follow up. Can you confirm which version of SMART 7 you are seeing this error with?

Thank you,
Matt

Hi @Abu, @matt.hron

Was there a resolution to this issue?..also having the same error coming up when trying to run 7.5.2.

Thanks!
Mark

Hi @markzie

Can you please log this problem here - Loading... - Form by Asana

Please provide as much detail as possible to assist troubleshooting - SMART version, error logs, screenshots, etc.

Many thanks

Monica

Thanks Monica, have logged it as requested.

1 Like

Hi there! I have an exact same issue when trying to install SMART 6.3.0 on Mac Monterey OS. I was wondering if there was any update on this ?
If this bug is not solved yet, is there any other way to use SMART on Mac? Thanks!

Hi all,

Just an update on this thread. The problem above was related with not having the correct permissions.

If you installing SMART 7 in Mac, please make sure the SMART file is in the Applications folder, otherwise it may not have permission to create files and folders.

Also, make sure the user running it has administrator rights in Mac OS.

To answer the question above, SMART 6.3 will not run on Mac, you need to use SMART 7. SMART 7 will be available towards the end of the month. If you have an urgent need, please send me a direct message and I can share the test version with you.

Thanks

Monica

HI Altynai

Another way to use SMART on a Mac is to use a Windows emulator program such as Parallels. Parallels works on the new Mac M1 and M2 machines so you can run the Windows version of SMART from that platform.

Cheers
Tony

Hi @mharris

I am trying to download SMART 7.5.5 onto my Macbook running the latest version of Ventura OS. I am getting the same error as above. I have redownloaded the file from the SMART website and also have made sure that I am the primary admin and that the file is in the applications folder. So far no luck. Any additional suggestions?

Hi Daniella,

The Mac 7.5.5 version is currently only available to testers, are you using the testing site? I am checking with other Mac users if they ran into similar issues and will report back. Thanks

Monica

Hi @mharris, I was given the download details for SMART 7 by our SMART team, so I assume we are part of the testing phase, unless this only applies to the Mac version. Thanks! Looking forward to any info you find.

Hi @mharris, I have just downloaded the public release version of SMART 7 for MacOS. I am still getting the same error like the one in the original post. I have downloaded the file to the applications section.

Hi Daniella,

Thanks for letting us know and for checking.

Do you also have administrator rights to run applications?

Thanks

Monica

Hi Monica, yes I am.

1 Like

Hi Daniella (@DaniellaS) ,

Which version of macOS are you running please? I just downloaded it on Mac Ventura 13.1 and initially received the same error message as you. However, this was because I tried to open the file from the Downloads folder.

Once I opened SMART in Applications, it seems to be working fine. Please give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Best regards,

-James

1 Like

Hi James, I am running Mac Ventura 13.1. I just redownloaded it and made sure it went straight to the Applications folder. Still no luck, unfortunately.

Hi Daniella, try to add the .zip to the download or desktop folder. Next, open the app in that folder. Finally, transfer only the app ( not the .zip) to the applications folder. If you leave the .zip in a separate folder from the app it should work ok. Let me know. Best

1 Like