Java.lang.NullPointerException on agencies and ranks list

Hello. Some people from my agency have been having the same problem while trying to load the Agencies and Ranks list.

I was guessing there was something wrong being done, so I asked them both to start over from the download (even though they had already started over many times before).
They did all the basic steps again, except this time they decompressed the file on the Documents folder (previously one of them was using the Downloads folder and the other the Desktop). And then it just worked.

So two of the three cases were solved this way, and I’m guessing it will be the same with the third one, but I still can’t understand why.

Thanks a lot! I hope you can shed some light on what’s going on or at least that this magic trick works for someone else.

This is the error message:

Hi,

I am not sure this relates to the null pointer error, but it is a good idea not to use your Documents folder for the location of SMART. It is preferred to store directly in the C (or other) drive, since the way Windows handles the file paths with account-specific storage locations can sometimes cause problems.

Hello Juan,
If you can share the error log (available under the Help menu), that may provide some insight as to why you were receiving this error.

Regards,
Matt

hi! Yes, I will ask for it, although the problem has been solved by breaking the queries into many smaller ones.

Dear Team,

I am currently working in Cuba with SMART 7.5.6 and translated my computer to spanish in order to be able to properly train. I have noticed this error pops “java.lang.NullPointerException” in many sections such as when selecting icons for configurable model, adding a shapefile to define conservation area, and also when adding agency and rank. When, I turn back my language to English the problems is not there. I am starting to think this has something to do with the language package in Spanish. Our Guatemala team has reported similar issues. I am attaching error log for your reference.

Julio Maaz

Blockquote
JMAAZspanish.zip (15.1 KB)