Queued Items stuck on server SMART 6.3

Hi,
It happens occasionally that some packaged from SMART Android (ver 386), uploaded to Connect server ver 6.3, cannot be downloaded to SMART Desktop (ver 6.3.0), but the data synchronisation ends-up with warning: “Could not process and of the data. Item has been queued on server.”
I see no way to fix this.
Any advice?
Thanks!
Josip

Hello Josip,
Thank you for posting. That is a common problem that could have a variety of underlying causes, but from what I’ve seen that usually means either:

1. That file is dependent on some other data that hasn’t yet been processed. This can happen if the files in the Data Queue get processed out of order, and simply retrying under the dependent files will take care of it.
  2. It is ambiguous which patrol that file’s data should apply to. Usually I see this when there is a patrol that was never ended, so it’s unclear whether the data is related to that ongoing patrol or a more recent patrol. In this case, it’s just a matter of going back and editing the older patrol to specify the appropriate end date/time.

Do you get any sort of warning/error message when you try processing that file? If you could send any screenshots and the error log, that would be helpful in determining the specific cause.

Regards,
Matt

Matt,
I do not know where log files are stored, but screenshot shows very general message. I will tell to my colleagues not to forget finishing patrols and will see what happens.
Thanks!
Josip

Hello Josip,
Does any sort of warning message pop up on the screen when you try processing that file?
To get the log files you can go to Help > View Error Log in the SMART desktop menu. You can open the file in any text editor (such as Notepad), save it, and send it as an attachment. If you can send me the JSON file as well (which you can download from the Data Queue in SMART Connect), I can take a look and see if there are any obvious issues with it.

Best,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Attached is log file from desktop app.

We (small team of five persons) are still in testing phase for 10 more days and then the AMART Mobile should be sitributet to 400+ users. I was no thinking enough and I deleted JSON packages which could not be processed. Fingers crossed the error will happen again(!) and I will send you those as well.

Not sure if I should ask here, but we are experiencing another problem with one Android device and SMART Mobile 385. The date, which is automatically recorded, is wrong. It is from the future! I guess SMART Mobile does not enable users to travel through time! See screenshot:

It happens with one device only.

Thanks!

Josip

(Attachment log_SMART desktop JK.txt is missing)

Thank you, Josip. Please reach out if the same problem happens again.

In general, it’s best to create a new topic when asking a new question so others can easily find it, but I’ll answer below.
Regarding the incorrect dates, if I’m understanding the local date format correctly, those would all be dates in late October 2002, but that would still be incorrect if these were recently collected. This definitely points to an issue with the device, so please check that the date/time settings on that device are correct. One thing that might help with this in SMART is making sure the ‘Use time from GPS’ setting in the GPS tab of the Profile:

Best,
Matt

1 Like

Thanks Matt!

I will keep discussion clean, not mixing topics in the future.

I will check the device on the first occasion. The person using it had IPhones for decade, and this is her first Android. Maybe she is trying to do something like in iPhone. We have no option of using ver 7.x, which can be used on Iphones as well.

The settings of Cyber Tracker for Configurable model are set to use GPS time.

Thanks!

Josip

Hi Matt,

Attached is JSOM file which is stuck in processing queue, i.e., cannot be processed by SMART desktop. It is all ver. 6.3

Greetings,

Josip

image001.png

(Attachment 7a4119fc1d474c118e4e5e5e49c55dda.file is missing)

Hi Matt,

Attached is JSOM file which is stuck in processing queue, i.e., cannot be processed by SMART desktop. It is all ver. 6.3

Greetings,

Josip

image001.png

7a4119fc1d474c118e4e5e5e49c55dda.zip (687 KB)

Hi Matt,

There are several more packages (JSONs attached) which cannot be imported in SMART desktop 6.3. This is still testing phase, but I am getting increasingly concerned.

Hope you can figure-out what is the problem.

Greetings,

Josip

Downloads.zip (1.67 MB)

Hi Josip,

Matt is in the field for a few weeks. Could you please report it in the open forum for the support team and developers to see your post. I think only Matt and I are able to see this as admins.

I will share the latest SMART 7 with you as soon as I receive it.

Thanks

Monica

Hi Matt,
There are several more packages (JSONs attached) which cannot be imported in SMART desktop 6.3. This is still testing phase, but I am getting increasingly concerned.
Hope you can figure-out what is the problem.
My colleagues were giving workshops to future trackers and they used Simulator and Android version SMART 6.3 for demonstrating the use. I cannot figure-out what created problematic packages. There will be more workshops in the next few days.
I pointed-out to my colleagues about the necessity of ending patrols or else errors could occur.

Greetings,
Josip
Downloads.zip (1.7 MB)

Hi Josip,

Are you able to determine what data is not being processed (i.e. do you know what you are missing after importing from Connect)?

With v6, there are often warnings and errors due to problems on initial import, which after re-processing are solved, but the error messages remain. This is resolved in SMART 7.

If you could re-send the error log, that may also be helpful.

Just a note on a comment I see in the above thread. SMART Mobile is available on iOS for SMART 7 (when using SMART Connect). So, if there is any possibility of upgrading to SMART 7 I would recommend this as it will likely solve your issue here.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,
I was not able to determine which data is missing. Users are testing the system randomly.
Attached it latest log file.
Yes, I am very willing to upgrade to stable version of SMART 7 and hoping all those issues will disappear. Monika promised us a link as soon as it will be available.
Attached is a log file.
log.zip (28.4 KB)

Thanks!
Josip

Hi Josip,

I see. Thank you for the logfile. Monica will reach out to you regarding the SMART 7 installation shortly. I imagine this will resolve your issues.

That said, with SMART 6, the warnings often do not denote any actual loss of data. You could test this by collecting and uploading data to the data queue from the office to see if any data is lost on import.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex!
I am looking forward to switch to ver 7. x ASAP.
Kind regards,
Josip

1 Like

We are also having data queues on our local server. Like Josip, we also deleted ‘error’, ‘completed’ and ‘older’ queued data, but we still do not see significant improvement.

We will also try to ensure our colleagues correctly end the patrols to see if it can assist in reducing the issue.

Our planned solution is upgrading to SMART 7 and SMART Mobile soon. Currently, we are using SMART 6.3 and Cybertracker

We understand that in SMART 7 and SMART Mobile, one can download and import queued patrols.

Hi All,

Has this problem been solved yet?
We also meet the problem with data queues. The data shows up on the server but we can’t process it in SMART Desktop, it shows “WARNING”. We are using SMART version 7.5.3.

Best regards,
Rachana