SMART Mobile-Export package

Hi all,

On some devices it is possible to install smart mobile but when exporting the package it is not visible. Do we need to activate any additional permits? Same package works well for other devices but this problem was mainly for personal devices.

Best
Lina

Hi Lina,

Are you exporting directly to “Device” from SMART or are you using Connect or another method?

You can always export to a ZIP file and open it with SMART Mobile from the file manager. However, it would be good to understand why it is not working, because this mechanism is also how data is copied off the device.

Could you please check if there is a folder on the device called:
\Android\data\org.cybertracker.mobile.smk\files\SMARTdata

Also, do you have CyberTracker installed on those devices as well?

Thanks
-Justin

Hi Justin,

Since I am working with mac, I am exporting the package as a file and then adding it to “downloads” in the Device. Same process works ok for blackviews. However, for my personal phone and other personal devices it didn´t work. If I try exporting directly to “device” from a PC it does work.

I don´t see any folder called: \Android\data\org.cybertracker.mobile.smk\files\SMARTdata. And no, I do not have cybertracker on this device.

Thank you!
Lina

Hi Lina,

Are you able to use Connect? Mac and iOS technically require this for use.

That said, if you send the file to your device, you can add it manually using the Settings->Projects option on the latest mobile build (450). Getting data back will have to go through the sharing process on the phone though.

Cheers,
-Justin

1 Like

Hi Justin,

The devices are android, I´m only using mac for desktop. The weird part is that it works for blackviews and trimbles but I have a samsung and it doesn´t work (and also it didn´t work on other personal androids at a workshop-mac computer users). Same samsung works with connect and exporting directly to “device” from a PC, though. Anyway, I can use connect when this problem arises.

Thank you!
Lina

Hi Lina,

It is hard to control for all the different versions of Android out there and how the manufacturers handle the connection to macs (and all computers for that matter). Devices like Blackviews and Trimbles tend to come from the manufacturer with less customized versions of Android than devices like Samsung. As a result, they tend to work better in a wider variety of situations than the Samsung-type devices.

1 Like