Cannot import patrol example in SMART 7

Hello!
I’m learning to use SMART by following the SMART 7 Technical Training Manual and using the SMART Training files, while practicing importing a patrol with module 3 files, it showed the next problem:

It happens for both patrol files, hope someone can help me!

Regards everyone :slight_smile:

Hi Fernanda,

Welcome to the SMART Community! Let me have a look at the training file you are having problems with and report back.

Thanks

Monica

1 Like

Can you tell me which page in the manual you got stuck please? I have just imported the patrol from module 3 and it worked fine, but I am not sure if that is where you had the problem. Thanks

Thanks for your response, Monica! It was at page 78.

Hi there,

Okay, it seems to work for me. This is what I did:

1. Selected import patrol, opened the module 3 folder

2. selected both files

Screenshot 2023-03-02 165100

1. Selected import and all the patrols were imported.

Did your steps look the same? Sometimes restarting SMART does the trick :wink:

Monica

Yes! I followed the same steps several times :smiling_face_with_tear:, I think the problem might be related to the coordinates or datum, either of the patrols or the basemap I uploaded first, but I don’t know how to check that!
But I don’t know why because I didn’t have the problem when uploading the GPS waypoints and the topomap the exercise before

Hello Fernanda,
Can you go to Patrol > Patrol Configuration > Patrol Mandates and share a screenshot of what’s there? Based on the error message you shared, it seems the Anti-poaching is missing from the list of available mandates for your CA. Did you make any modifications to this list?

Hi Fernanda,

Just to add to Matt’s comment, if you’re building a new CA, and want to import the training materials the mandates must match entirely, i.e. there must be an “anti-poaching” mandate correctly spelled so that SMART can allocate the patrol to the mandate.

This will be the same for other meta-data such as “patrol type” etc.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for the response, Matt and Alex! Seeing your screenshot I don’t know if the language might be the problem, here is mine, I tried to change the language to Spanish but didn’t seem to work!

Hi Fernanda,

Ah yes, that looks like the problem. The training materials have the language set as English.

You can see from the error that “patrol mandate anti-poaching [en] could not be found…”, which is what is stored in the training materials demo patrols. Do you have English as a fallback language on the database? You can check this in ‘Conservation Area > Properties’).

Can you switch the language here in mandates from es > en and check if “antipoaching” is there? Or try removing it, and re-adding it with en selected as the language.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

That fixed it! I was able to import the patrol, thank you all! :partying_face:

2 Likes