While updating custom patrol attributes, I suddenly got an error message and wasn’t able to proceed any further. The error message is as follows:
An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class org.wcs.smart.patrol.model.PatrolAttribute (java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’; org.wcs.smart.patrol.model.PatrolAttribute is in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @2d6a0766)
Can you provide the error log from the help menu?
Ok I mailed it to you now. Thanks a lot!
I have a few questions to help with troubleshooting:
- Did you add or remove any custom attributes before getting this error?
- If you exit SMART entirely, relaunch it, and go back to the custom attributes, does the error still occur?
- Could you add the error log in a post?
To answer your questions:
- It occurred after I added some custom attributes.
- I did exit SMART and relaunched it. I even reopened on a previous version of SMART 7.5.1. But still the same error.
- I tried to enter error log in response to Richard’s query, but too many characters for a post. Is there an alternative?
Thanks a lot!
You can use the “upload” button on the tool bar (the arrow pointing upward) to upload a file when you make a forum post.
Ah… apologies. Please see the attached error log.
.log.docx (306.2 KB)