I can't restore my backup

Hi

I just installed SMART 7.5 in my computer and tried to restore my backup. However, I got a message saying some plugins were missing so I tried to install them and then wasn’t even able to login (an error message showed up).

I uninstalled the program and deleted everything related, installed it again and tried installing ALL the plugins. However, now I am getting this message of missing plugins again. Please help :cry:

Hello Barbara,
After installing SMART, you will need to log in and install the plugins before you restore a backup, and you must include at least all of the plugins that you had installed on the previous version. This can be done by logging into the Example CA with the default user (smart/smart).

When installing plugins, choose the ‘Local Core Update Site’ and you should see the missing plugins. If you are still having issues installing the plugins, could you please share a screenshot of the Install Plugins screen?

Hey @matt.hron I am also having a problem with my backups.
Let’s say I have a conservation area X, Y and Z

• I restored X by mistake, instead of importing it, so my Y and Z were deleted.
  • Luckily, Y was in Connect. So I downloaded it from the cloud and imported it.
  • Z was not in Connect, but I had a backup on my computer, and I tried to import it too.
    However, it didn’t work and I got this message

Any idea about how to solve this?
Thanks ins advance

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

This message is telling you that the file you are trying to import is not a CA but a full system backup, so you can’t import it like you would a single CA.

My advice here would be to use a fresh installation of SMART, use the upgrade / restore option to import the file, export the conservation area (not a full system back up), then you can import it into the SMART installation with CAs X and Y.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,

could you please tell me the difference between the full system backup and the CA backup. Now I understand that we have to use the upgrade option with the first one and the import option with the second one, but there is any difference in how SMART works based on which option I use?

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes. A ‘full system backup’ will include all of your installed CAs and associated data, a ‘CA export’ will simply contain a single CA.

When you are upgrading versions, you need to use a full system backup as this contains all the associated information with your databases and allows for them to be upgraded to the new version.

I hope that is clear. Module 8 of the Technical Training Manual touches on these topics and may be of use.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like