Issues with Entities

Hi,
Screenshot 2024-02-29 123156

I have noticed that some of the entity data does not show up in the entity list like birthdate even though it is entered in when you edit an entity. The missing data is also not exporting in a CSV file.

Thanks,

Natalie

The Entities functionality was originally planned to be completely removed in SMART 7 in favor of Profiles. This is delayed and the plan is keep it around until SMART 8 to give orgs more time, but transitioning from Entities to Profiles will still be required in the near future. This issue might be related to the initial removal of Entities support in SMART 7, and if there isn’t a workaround it’s unlikely they would develop a fix since they are requiring everyone to transition to Profiles. Switching to Profiles might be the only way to resolve this issue, which is something you’d need to do soon anyway. Hope this helps

@Oliver - would you be able to provide any more info on this?

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll work on transitioning to Profiles.

Natalie

Just a follow up question migrating from entities to profiles. I am starting the process now and I see that I need to have SMART 6 backup (which I have) as well as SMART 7 backup (also have) BUT I have been using SMART 7 now for 6+ months and have updated/made changes to my entities. Will this affect what gets integrated into Profiles?

In short, my current, up to date entities and data attached to that entity is in SMART 7 not SMART 6.

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Natalie,
I had escalated the need to be able to migrate to Profiles while on SMART 7 using your current SMART 7 backup at the time SMART 7 was first released. I thought this issue was addressed a while ago, so I will need to follow up to see why it isn’t working as expected.

Hey Matt, I actually haven’t tried to use my current SMART 7 backup. I just got to the first steps and it said to use the SMART 6 backup. Can I just use my current backup?

Thanks,

Natalie

Just confirming on my last post about using my current backup?

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Natalie,
I confirmed that the entity migration tool can only be used with the older version backup, so the only ways you’d be able to use it are:

1. Running it now with your old SMART 6 backup and having to update all of the data changed since then.
  2. Waiting until SMART 8 when the Entities plugin will be removed entirely and doing it as part of that upgrade.

I’ve escalated this with the SMART partnership and we’re evaluating the best path forward on this.

Great thanks Matt. I will wait to hear from you.

Natalie