Many CA, Same rangers, need to provide CA level analyses and Cross CA analyses

Hello there,

I would like to know if there is someone out there to trade experiences with about best practices. I am setting up SMART Connect server for a system of conservations areas. We used to download the .json file from the phone and I was able to use it for both the CA level project and the “all CAs desktop project”.

But with the server, how can I set it up to download in both projects? and how can I set it up so that the same ranger can work one day in one area an the next day in another area, since their work schedules are shared for the weekend or special ops.

I have been reading about the system been prepared so that one ranger serves one CA but this is not my case.

Anyone our there with similar case, please contact me to share experiences! Or to the managers of the SMART project if you have any suggestions.

We are currently using one project, one model, everyone uploads their data and I set up the query by CA and send the results to them, but moving forward I would like for each team to be able to view their data and make queries, if possible without having access to all the system data. I would like to know if this is possible.

Maybe I have to set up a project for each area, a model for each area and the ranger has to select the “Mobile project” for their area, but then how do I unite the information for across areas analyses? I am looking for the best workarounds for everyone =)

Best,

Silvia

Hi Silvia

When you say that you don’t want them to have access to “all the system data” what are you referring to? How do you want to limit data access?

Rich

It would be good if only some analysts could view all the observations from the system, just in case there could be someone releasing the data?

Does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe it would be ok if everyone can see the data, I am just looking for advice on how it would be best to view, share and analyze the data.