Map based on grid query

Good afternoon.

When I run a report on connect containing a map based on grid query showing error { “status”: 500,“error”: “Error running report: Error happened while running the report.”}

Hi Fakhrul - are you getting the same error when running the report on SMART desktop? If it is happening ont he desktop version - then update the query bindings and try again.
Padma

Hi Padma,

Thank you for responding. The report is running on SMART Desktop but not running on SMART Connent.

Fakhrul

Hi Fakhrul - looks like it might be a SMART connect issue -Do you know if you are using SCaaS? If so can you submit a ticket on this form. Loading... - Form by Asana
Thanks
Padma

Is the desktop version that created the report running in a language other than english?

Hi Fakhrul,

Did you solve this problem? I have it also.
Thanks,

Albert

Hi @jsimfukwe,

Do you have some light on this topic as well? After following the bypass to see my reports not loading in the Connect, I am receiving the following error:

Thank you,
Albert

Hi Albert,

Does this issue occur for all of your report templates?

Overly complex reports sometimes struggle through this process. But if you are getting this issue for all of your reports please submit a request through this form.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your comment. I created a very simple report based on a simple query, and Connect exported it without problems. Thus, it seems that my reports could be complex enough to export through Connect.

Thanks!

Grid queries can also casue errors if either you have not defined the grid correctly (make sure to select meters as the unit of measure and the correct projection) or is the area of interest is too large to draw the required number of grid cells. For example, if you set the grid size to 1m, and try to do a query for a data set that covers 100,000 sq km, SMART will not be able to draw all those grid cells, causing an error. This can also be caused if you have outlier points in the data you are trying to make a grid of. For example, if you have a point with coordinates 0.0 (e.g., if you have a pint with no coordinates), the grid will fail, since the area of coverage is too large. SMART will try to draw the gird to cover all the queried data, which may be outside your conservation area.

1 Like

Hi Albert,

I could not solve the problem. My report based on grided query doesn’t work on connect.

Thanks

Fakhrul

1 Like

Thank you for exploring it further!

I’ve tried a more superficial report with a “patrolgrid”, and I got the report by Connect. However, when exporting the same report but changing the “patrolgrid” by “patrolobservation”, I receive the error. I wonder if the map in “patrolobservation” might be the problem.

Hi Albert,

Interesting. You mean that if in your gridded query you select from patrol values it works but if you use your data model values it does not run?

Thanks for the information. We can look into this further and hope to provide an update in the future.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Absolutely, Alex!

Cheers!

Report based on gridded query working fine on Connect Version: 7.5.7

It is working in Connect Version: 7.5.7.