Patrols failing to download from SMART Connect 6

Hi. We have a SMART 6 instance and as of late we have been having problems downloading data from connect. We have had several instances when data is uploaded to the server but, when connecting another desktop connect says the database is up to date. We went back to the original computer to upload the patrols to connect and it also says the database is up to date.

I logged into the server but I can’t see any data for that conservation area. I am not sure what I can do to troubleshoot this.

Hello Ana,
There are two different ways that SMART Connect is involved in sharing data, so I think it will be helpful to clarify which you’re referring to.

1. If you have your mobile devices configured to send data directly to SMART Connect, those data packages will be displayed on the Data Queue page in SMART Connect, and they must first be processed in a SMART Desktop for the patrol data to be incorporated into your CA.

2. Any changes made in SMART Desktop (whether processing a patrol, making data model changes, editing a report, etc.) are saved locally and can be synced up to Connect. When another desktop then downloads data from Connect, it should update that desktop with all of the changes.

Can you clarify whether this is related to processing patrols from Connect or syncing data between desktops? If you’re trying to process patrol data from Connect, what does the Data Queue look like, and do you encounter any errors or warnings when processing the data?

If it’s an issue with just generally syncing data between desktops, one thing I would check is that the desktops have the same unique ID. If you go to Conservation Area > Conservation Area Properties, you can see the Unique System ID at the bottom. I’m not sure what would otherwise cause the syncing to not work, but I would recommend updating the entire CA from Connect to get them back in sync if that’s the case. You can do so in SMART Desktop by going to Connect > Replace CA with CA from Connect.

Regards,
Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your response.

In this specific case, the situation is #2. We imported patrols from phones into computer #1, uploaded changes to the server and then try to sync computer #2. No changes were downloaded on computer #2. I did check the Unique System ID and it was the same at both conservation areas.

I will try replacing one of the CAs and see if that helps.

Thanks

Thanks, Ana. Let me know how it goes.

Hi!

We replaced one of the conservation areas with the one from SMART connect. Now when we try to sync them we are getting the following error: ‘Error processing work item: unable to commit against JDBC Connection’. I have attached a screenshot. The same error has occurred more than once.

For now we are exporting the patrols from one computer and importing into another.

Thank you,

Ana

Hi Ana,

Can you log your issue here please - Loading... - Form by Asana

I will ask our team to check your server.

Thanks

Monica

Hello! Apologies, it is my first day here so I hope I am posting my error in the relevant topic.

When viewing the Data Processing Queue, in the “SMART Connect Server - Queued Items”, instead of seeing patrols ready to be processed, I only have “Error Loading Items from SMART Connect. RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request”.

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening?

To say, in case it is relevant, I have a CA on my computer in SMART 6.3 and I also downloaded another CA on my computer in SMART 7 on Friday, which seems to coincide with this error occurring. (I am working on the SMART 6.3 CA).

Thank you in advance, really appreciate any help!

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

Your SMART 6 and SMART 7 installations will be completely separate. To connect your CA to a server you need to be using both SMART desktop and SMART Connect on the same version.

You can check your SMART Connect version by logging into your SMART Connect server via your browser and viewing the version number in the settings tab.

You will not be able to download patrols from your SMART Connect v6 to your new installation of SMART 7 and vice versa.

I would recommend to work only on a single installation of SMART to reduce confusion and errors.

Cheers,

Alex