Projection Issues

Whenever I change the projection of a layer to match the basemap default, the layer disappears. I am trying to troubleshoot this issue. Any help is appreciated!

Hi Riley,

Does this happen only when adding a new or specific layer? If so, this is likely an issue with the layer itself.

If you have access to a GIS platform try loading the layers to here to see if you can isolate the problematic layer.

If possible, try to recreate the layer in a GIS platform and re-export it. Make sure to create all your layers using the same projection.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I took your advice and made new layers in ArcPro ensuring they were all using the same projections then imported into SMART. The problem, however, persists with layers uploaded as Conservation or Administration areas are projecting different to the map and other layers. Could there be some sort of change happening through the process of uploading?

Thank you for your help!

Riley

Hi Riley,

SMART shouldn’t be doing any processing on your layers - simply displaying them.

It’s hard to determine the issue here without reviewing the layers. If possible you can share your layers (and details on the preferred projection) to my email (awyatt@wwf.org.kh) and I can see if I can replicate the issue or not.

Cheers,

Alex

Will do! I greatly appreciate the help.

Sincerely,
Riley