Smart Cloud Server

Good day to whom can I speak about a Smart cloud server?

Hello Jean,
You can find more information about SMART Connect as a Service and how to request a server on the SMART website here: Connect

Hello Matt.

Thank you

I did send a request for a server. But is there someone that I can email and tell way I need a server? Because I don’t think I am meeting the requirement for a sever.

Hi Jean,

You can perhaps outline your requirements here and we can advise as whether a SMART Connect server is required for your case?

Cheers,

Alex

I just need to let the members on the group get the updates that are made on Smart and that I get the updates from the members on the ground they have made.

Hi Jean,

Yes, if you have multiple users accessing the same database then SMART Connect may be the way to go. It will allow you to add your CA to a server which your other team members can access and update remotely.

There’s more information on the benefits of SMART Connect as well as how to configure your CA and server in the user manual: SMART Connect Manual.pdf - Google Drive

If you have any more questions after reviewing the documentation please post them here and we will do our best to answer.

Cheers,

Alex

Thank you

I went trough the manual already and have sent a Smart server request as well. But we are not part of any organization or business and have no website. So I am not sure we will get access to a Smart server and we do not know how to build and install our own server

Hi Jean,

That’s fine. You don’t need an existing website. When the server is created, you will be provided a URL and the ability to setup an initial administrator account.

Once you have this, this URL will be where you can access your server. It’s likely the steps in the manual will become clearer when you have access.

Hopefully the materials are sufficient for you to understand the concepts at least.

That said, there are some videos available on the SMART YouTube channel which may also provide some insights:

If after this you decide the server is not necessary, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Alex

Thank you very much for the assistance, I appreciate it. Fingers cross my request is accepted.