SMART CONNECT install

Hi All.

I’m currently running SMART 7.5.6 on my desktop. downloading data from devices manually with usb cable
I want to move to Connect so this could be done from remotely. Have downloaded all necessary files from manual.
I’m getting problems from point 9. Setting up the TLS-Certificates.
Is there someone that could help me with finishing the process?
Thx
Ott

We have been experiencing the similar problem of setting up SSL certificate. As a result we could not succeed to establish the connect of SMART Desktop to SMART connect.

So, we join to Ott’s request - is there someone capable to help us finishing the process?

Olegh

Dear Ott and Olegh,

I’ve shared your issues with our technical expert and he should be in touch ASAP.

Cheers,

Alex

Thank you.
Would love to sort this out.
Thx
Ott

Hi Alex.
any updates regarding this problem.
Regards
Ott

Hi. Is there any solution regarding the SSL settings in SMART Connect? Thank you very much.

Hi all,

We’ll post an update here ASAP.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks a lot - Ilie from DAPNC

Hi All

Any updates on the problem?
Regards

Hi Ott,
the creation of the certificate depends a lot on how you want to access the server. If you only install and use it in your local network you can use a so called self-signed certificate.
But if you want to access the server through the public internet you will need a certificate signed by a public certificate authority. There are commercial ones or you can use Let’s Encrypt, which provides certificates free of charge with the only draw back that you have to renew the certificate every 3 month
Oliver

thx Oliver
I need help to set up certificate.
i access internet from remote areas so it could be from anywhere!
i would like it to at least be a year if possible?
Thx
Ott

Hi Ott,
I think it might be more helpful if we setup a Zoom call in the next days to discuss this issue. There is more to that then just creating a certificate.
This is my email: oadolph@smartconservationsoftware.org