SMART Desktop hangs when importing files from SMART Mobile

Hi,
we sometimes have a problem where the SMART Desktop (version 6.3.0) hangs when importing field data (Field data - SMART Mobile- import - import from file) from files (json) retrieved from phones with SMART Mobile 1.0.385.

I suppose the file is somehow corrupted but I cannot determine what is wrong with the file (linked here: CTDATA_2022-08-19T18_50_02_Sighting-0001.json - Google Drive). The system does not allow me to upload it.
The above example is from a Survey.

Hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong with the file!

Best
Daniel

I try to see your data, your CT Version is 1.0.320

CTDATA_2022-08-19T18_50_02_Sighting-0001.zip (2.0 KB)
Try this file.

Regard
Lili Sadikin

Thank you Lili Sadikin,
however that does not solve the problem. The SMART Desktop continue to “hang” on the “Processing JSON Files” progress bar when importing the file.
I am also not sure the CT Version should matter … that is the SMART Mobile app right? Surely data from older app versions should be compatible?

NOTE: when the SMART Desktop hangs the “Cancel” button is also ineffective and I have to stop the program with the Windows task manager.

Hello Daniel,
Have you been able to process other files from that device? SMART 6.3 is compatible with SMART Mobile build 385, so there shouldn’t be an issue with that. I see that the .json file isn’t particularly large, so I wouldn’t expect it to be related to a timeout. Could you send the error log in case there are any insights there?

I will open a ticket and escalate it to get you some help with this.

Regards,
Matt

Hi Daniel,
I see what Lili was saying. While your device is now on SM 385, the data file you’re referencing was an old file that was collected on SM version 320. It’s likely that there may have been an issue with that older version that has since been fixed in SM 385. Are you having that same problem with any data collected on SM 385?

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,
sorry for not replying sooner, but I was ill.
Yes we were able to process data from that same device, although those were Patrols and not Surveys, but I think other surveys too.
I include the error log file here, although I don’t see anything that is meaningful to me there.
error_log_smart.txt (673.7 KB)

Thanks again
Daniel

Hello Daniel,
Are all of your devices now using SMART Mobile version 385, and is the issue still occurring? It sounds like this was an issue with the older version of SMART Mobile that has since been fixed.

Hi Matt,
most of our devices are using 320. We will update and see if the issue persists. Thanks for you help. Is there a way to update the SMART Mobile app without having to reinstall the patrol and survey apps?

Hi Daniel,
Unfortunately, as part of the upgrade process you should delete the old version of SMART Mobile before installing the new one, which means you’ll need to reload the patrol/survey models. Let me know if you encounter any issues with this on 385.

Matt