Is it possible to use SMART mobile on iOS without Connect? Can you download patrol data from the iOS mobile devices onto a Windows desktop? I don’t think you can connect an iPhone to a Windows computer. Would it be possible to send the JSON files with images for patrols via email maybe?
Yes, this is possible, but since it is not a core scenario there are more steps:
- Export the package (Field data->SMART Mobile->Packages) to a ZIP file and email it to your iPhone
- Store the ZIP on your phone
- Open SMART Mobile and go to the main Settings page
- Select “Edit Projects” and then tap “Add” in the bottom right corner and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Go back to the main page and you will notice your project is now available
- Capture data as usual and tap “Export data” when done
- Select the Settings page within the project and tap on “Exported data”
- Select the data file and then use the Share feature to share it back to your desktop over email
- Use the Field data->SMART Mobile->Import to import the JSON file
I just tested this and it worked pretty well. Good luck!
Excellent, thanks for the quick feedback. Will give it a shot.