šŸ“ SMART tips: How do I calculate percentage patrolled for the Conservation Area

Hi SMART Community,

This is a common request, check out this guidance for how to do it and the limitations - Show Percentage Patrolled for the Conservation Area - Google Docs

Thanks,

Monica

2 Likes

Iā€™m facing challenges on this issue of calculating percentage patrol coverage especially if i want to calculate patrol coverage (%) for a period of three months (Quarterly Patrol Coverage) or Bi-annual or even Annual because we usually compare patrol coverage (%) between same Quarters, Bi-annual and Annual periods when conducting Law Enforcement Review Meetings and Calculating Patrol Coverage (%) for a period which have more patrol data in it seems not possible using the steps on that manual because i have realized that each time run such query it, it is just running for a very long time until it just crashed. If there is anyone who have managed to calculate the patrol coverage (%) for a longer period such as three months, six months and the results came out successfully please help. I would also love if this procedure would have an option of calculating Patrol Coverage (%) using Grid queries, this could be very helpful because the current method seems to be working with patrol routes only and buffering patrol routes (lines) for a period of three month has proven not successful in our computers possibly because three months period have too much data to be buffered.