SMART Training Course

Hi

Are there any training courses coming up on using SMART? Planning, Reporting, R, Queries, Data Model configurations, etc. would be great.

Or are there any online courses available such as on Coursera perhaps?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your message. Where about in the world are you based? We held 5 SMART trainings already this year and we are planning trainings for next year. Let us know where you are and keep an eye in the Forum as we often announce training opportunities here.

We have just finalized our first online course in English and we have some volunteers reviewing it at the moment. We will announce that very soon also. It will cover some of the things you mentioned above.

Finally, we have just updated all our manuals ahead of releasing SMART 7 and many of them have training files so you follow the manuals step by step to learn new features. They are all available from the SMART website.

I hope this helps.

Monica

Hi Monica

Thanks for your response. We are based in Saudi Arabia. I’ve seen the manuals that are online, and these are definitely very helpful. However, I’m interested also in any future courses that can be taught by one of the experts to a group of rangers.

Will keep an eye out for any announcements on the forum.

Best wishes,
Philip

1 Like

Hi All.
I will also be interested in something like this when it is available.
based in South Africa.
regards
Ott

1 Like

Hi All,

I’m also looking forward for the update of the SMART online training course are coming up.

Wildlife Conservation Society Thailand program.

With best regards,
Panach

1 Like

Hi All.
Any ides when this might be?

Hi all,

We are near the finish line with the course. It is pretty much completed but we are working to improve a few final things. If you are in urgent need, please send me a private message and I can enroll you as a course tester/reviewer. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Monica

Thanks to the users for your enthusiasm :grinning: its definitely in the pipeline and worth the wait

Hi all,

We are planning an advanced training (likely focused on queries and reports) in Rwanda approximately July 29-Aug 2 (immediately following the ICCB meeting). Details to follow.

Rich

1 Like

Hi all.
Any courses for beginners in the near future?
I’m based in South Africa.
Thx

Hi Ott,

News on SMART Partnership hosted events will be posted in the forum. I do not believe there are more planned for this year but please keep an eye out here for future announcements.

Cheers,

Alex

I want to be a course tester in Smart online course.

1 Like

@Rahariniaina Thanks for letting us know. I’ll pass that along to the team working on it and they’ll be in touch.