Summary Request

Good morning
I want to create a summary query to get the number of guards by rank who have been patrolling for a specific period of time.
I have already created the query to use in the value field: number of employees and the grouped by: rank field. When I run the query I get the same total count for all ranks of all personnel who did the patrol. For example, the number of Ecoguards, Rangers and Soldiers who patrolled from June 1 to 16, 2024. After executing the request, instead of receiving as a result: Ecoguards: 10, Rangers: 05 and Soldiers: 4, I receive Ecogarde sooner : 19; Rangers: 19 and Military: 19.

@NEGANG I’ve recorded a short video that I believe will answer your question here: Dropbox Capture

Please let us know if you’re still not returning the correct info.

Hello,
Thank you.
This is the same thing I did but I don’t get the expected result like yours. I obtain as a result the total sum of all the personnel who carried out the patrol.

Aren’t there other algorithms to enter somewhere in SMART to get this result and I’ve gone so far as to create the same queries multiple times and with different results.

@NEGANG can you please share a screen capture or detailed screenshots of exactly how you’re building the query? It’s unclear what the solution would be based on what you’ve written so far - as the video I shared is the correct way to do it. If you’re following that procedure exactly, but not getting the correct result - it likely means that there’s something off in your configuration. Essentially - the query is returning the correct information, but the configuration is incorrect.

| Sans virus.www.avast.com |

@NEGANG Ok - I think I am understanding your question. Please see this video: Dropbox Capture

Let me know if that answer’s your question.

Thanks for the demonstration However, I think it still does not address the concern On the screenshot that I attach to this answer is the result of your query Now, I too wish, after the execution of my query, to have this distribution of the number of patrol officers by rank I can’t make it despite the fact that I follow the steps to create this request However, in our patrols, we have these different ranks that take part in but when we generate the query, it assigns the total number of patrollers to all ranks and yet we have at least 03 differents ranks who have carried out these patrols I don’t know if we really manage to understand this.

Thank you again for your time

Capture d'écran 2024-06-26 163711.png

Right - but I think wires might be crossed…

For example, if I have 3 people (Ranger, Police Officer, and Driver) and they each participate in 4 patrols, then the table will look like this:

Number of Employees
Ranger 4
Police Officer 4
Driver 4

If I have 3 people (Ranger, Police Officer, and Driver) and the ranger and police officer participate in 4 patrols and the driver only participates in 3 patrols, then the table will look like this:

Number of Employees
Ranger 4
Police Officer 4
Driver 3

If I have 5 people (2 Rangers [Ranger 1 and Ranger 2], Police Officer, and Driver) and Ranger 1 participates in 4 patrols, Ranger 2 participates in 3 patrols, the police officer participates in 4 patrols, and the driver participates in 3 patrols, then the table will look like this:

Number of Employees
Ranger 7
Police Officer 4
Driver 3

Based on what your describing, it sounds like you have 03 different ranks who have carried out each of your patrols. This would result in the same number for each rank, since each patrol was present for each of your patrols.

What is the specific output you want to achieve? It might help if you created an example in an excel file or similar as a reference.

783 / 5 000

Résultats de traduction### Résultat de traduction

What I want to have as a result after executing this query is: If I have 5 people (02 Rangers [Ranger 1, Ranger 2]; 01 Military and 02 Ecoguards [Ecogardes 1, Ecogardes 2]) and everyone has carried out 04 patrols, the result must be as follows: Number of employees Rangers: 2 Military: 1 Ecoguards: 2
That said, no matter how many patrols they did, whether these patrols were done jointly or others did not have the same number of patrols, I want to have as a result the exact number of people who participated in the patrols and by grade.

THANKS

@NEGANG Unfortunately, I’m not aware of a way to do that - at least not with basic queries. I’ve looked into several approaches trying to do this in reports, e.g., with filters, joined data sets, and basic scripts, but I haven’t hit on one. I’ve also pinged colleagues and will let you know if anyone flags a solution.

All right. Thank you very much for the effort and time taken to help me resolve this issue. I remain available if ever there is a solution in this direction. THANKS