Unknow format type error

Hello, community. I upgrade smart desktop from 6.3 to 7.5.6 with the same data model. Now and when an observation of a patrol is reviewed, this error appears.

The same data in the previous in 6.3 desktop no appear this message.
Any suggestion what is the problem?

Hello Jorge,
Can you share the error log?

Hi Matt, sorry for delay in respond you. This is the log file.

error.txt (1.2 MB)

Thank you, Jorge. I will let you know what we find out about this issue.

Hi Jorge,
It turns out this is a bug in the Spanish translation file ā€“ the data type is getting translated in a way that causes this problem. A fix for this issue is in progress.

In the meantime, can you confirm that this problem doesnā€™t occur when running SMART in English?

Hi Matt:

Sorry for the late reply but I was out of the office. I did the test with the same data model but with a smart desktop in English. I imported 2 test patrols using the number attribute and it did not throw the error.
The word ā€œnumberā€ is in several attributes of the data model, I have tried all of them using desktop in English and the error message does not appear.

Greetings

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation @jval .

What is the best way to change language of desktop to default language (English)

@jval Is your operating system in English? If yes, it should default to English. If not, you can overwrite the language in the smart ini file. You need to have the language pack installed and if itā€™s not showing, then you need to go into the SMART.ini file, and then paste in the following after the last line at the end, copy/paste (exactly):
ā€œ-Duser.language=ruā€

In this case, (ru = russianā€¦) but you would put in whichever was relevant. Pretty sure English is ā€œenā€

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you Jorge. We will let you know when the update is available to fix this issue.

I have been having this issue with CAs in Honduras. I thought it was something to do with the time/date formatting in the ā€˜last updatedā€™ observation field. Iā€™m glad to hear that you are working on it.

Hello Jorge and Simon,
Have you been able to upgrade to SMART 7.5.7 and confirm that this is no longer an issue for you?

Thank you,
Matt

Hi Matt:

Sorry for the delay in responding to this message. I am still using desktop version 7.5.6. I am waiting for the server migration to version 7.5.7 to update