Uploading packages on SMART Mobile through SMART Connect

Hi All,

I have been testing the uploading of packages on SMART Mobile through SMART Connect and everything seems to be working fine except when I save a patrol or incident, I am not able to skip GPS and select the location on my basemap.
I have copied the original package that I was using by connecting via USB and simply changed the Connect settings. The original package is working 100% but the Connect package isn’t. I have checked the settings on the configurable model, package and on the app. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

The GPS settings should not be affected by the Connect settings. Could you please share a bug report from your device with me (justin@steventon.com). If the file is too large, please put it on a web drive and send me a link.

Cheers,
-Justin

Hi Natalie,

Just confirming that the configured settings are as below? If so, have you tried creating a new package to see if this works? As Justin mentions, transferring via Connect should have no influence on this.

If either Manual GPS on Skip via field map OR Allow skip of manual GPS entry are
checked, then Skip GPS will show the Manual GPS location screen.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the Skip Button Timeout from 5 seconds to 2 seconds and that allowed for Skip GPS to pop up on 2 out of the 3 devices. The one device isn’t popping up Skip GPS for some reason and just taking the GPS of the device. I am not too sure why this is all of a sudden giving issues as I have not changed any of the settings in a very long time.

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Can I please ask the following:

• What version of SMART Mobile are you using? Was it downloaded from the app store?

• What version of SMART Desktop (e.g. 7.5.7)

• What model of device is having the issue?

• What OS / version is it running?

• Is this different to the devices that are not having the issue?

• Can you share a bug report from the device experiencing the issue (see settings)? Even if no error is popping up Justin may be able to see what is happening here by reviewing this.

Please send to justin@steventon.com as mentioned above.

Thank you

Alex

BugReport.zip
Thanks! I have answered in red below.

• What version of SMART Mobile are you using? Was it downloaded from the app store? Version 1.0.478 and yes, it should have been downloaded from the app store.

• What version of SMART Desktop (e.g. 7.5.7) Version 7.5.6

• What model of device is having the issue? Ulefone Armor X8i

• What OS / version is it running? Version 11 Android

• Is this different to the devices that are not having the issue? No, same device brands for all phones

• Can you share a bug report from the device experiencing the issue (see settings)? Even if no error is popping up Justin may be able to see what is happening here by reviewing this. Yes, I have attached

Thanks!

Hi,

I am just following up on my last response.

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Did you send this directly to Justin? We’ll need his insights here.

If not, could you please forward this to him directly as he can’t monitor all the forum posts.

Thanks,

Alex

justin@steventon.com

Yes, I did.

Natalie

Thanks, Natalie.

I’ll follow up with Justin. It’s interesting that exactly the same devices, with exactly the same software and settings and the same Mobile packages are having these different behaviours. I’m not able to replicate the issue.

I assume you’ve already attempted uninstalling / reinstalling the application and double checking the permissions / settings on the problematic device.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it with Justin’s insights.

Cheers,

Alex