Utilisation du smartconnect

Bonjour, je m’appelle NEGANG Armel Dimitri, Géographe - Cartographe de formation et j’exerce dans la Conservation depuis 2019. J’ai toujours eu un faible pour le SMART et aujourd’hui, vu l’étendue de notre zone d’intervention, je souhaite utiliser le smartconnect pour pouvoir relier les 03 Aires protégées dans un seul modèle de données et faciliter l’accès à ces données.
Merci pour votre aide à tous.

Hi, sorry I’m not able to write back in French, but I do have a few suggestions for you:

-Smart Connect still requires that you use SMART desktop. It allows you to install more than one smart desktop across all your sites and have them talk to each other, share data and query/reports/etc. So the first thing I would suggest is deciding if you do require SMART Connect or if a single Desktop instance would serve you just as well.

-Also, I would recommend downloading SMART Desktop and going through the training materials or trying to find a SMART contact/organization in your geographical area that can help you get started and avoid any common mistakes when designing your data model or other steps that can a bit tricky without any advice or previous experience. (Although maybe you are experienced already, I don’t know)

-Finally, the Connect “Software as a Service” is a good option if you do decide using Connect is useful for your project, it is much easier than trying to run a Connect server on your own servers. There are some details about it at the link below, including how you can request to have a server setup for you in the SMART cloud infrastructure: Connect

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help.
I’m using SMART since 2019 and now, I want to have the instance SMART Connect.
I will use your proposition.