Error downloading CA from server via 'advanced' menu of the log-in screen

Hi all,
using SMART 7.5.3, we are running into an error when trying to download CAs from the server via the 'advanced menu in the log-in screen. While we can connect to the server from within a CA, using the same server address, certificate, and user credentials will return an error. Are we overlooking something?
Thanks,
Felix

Hello Felix,
Are you able to log into the SMART Connect website using those same credentials and download the CA from the Conservation Areas page?

Yes, everything else works (including synchronizing multiple CAs), just not the download.
We can download the CAs from the website and import into SMART but that doesn’t address the problem.

Hello Felix,
Could you share the error log for further investigation?

!ENTRY org.wcs.smart.connect 4 0 2022-10-26 21:57:08.512
!MESSAGE Could not connect to SMART Connect. Ensure the url, username and password are valid.

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
!STACK 0
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.ClientInvocation.handleErrorStatus(ClientInvocation.java:272)
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.ClientInvocation.extractResult(ClientInvocation.java:234)
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.extractors.BodyEntityExtractor.extractEntity(BodyEntityExtractor.java:62)
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.ClientInvoker.invokeSync(ClientInvoker.java:151)
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.ClientInvoker.invoke(ClientInvoker.java:112)
at org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:76)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy96.getConservationAreas(Unknown Source)
at org.wcs.smart.connect.SmartConnect.getConservationAreas(SmartConnect.java:405)
at org.wcs.smart.connect.ui.startup.ConnectCaListPage.initList(ConnectCaListPage.java:98)
at org.wcs.smart.connect.ui.startup.DownloadConnectWizard$3.run(DownloadConnectWizard.java:148)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

I am interested in the response to this issue which we are having with on of our Philippines Connect servers. We were unable to download the CA from Connect to an administrator account on a Mac OS SMART 7.5.3 installation

Hi Felix, having discussed with the SMART 7 development team, the suggestion is to upgrade to version 7.5.4 and try downloading the CA from Connect again. That requires that you have a Connect server that is also upgraded to version 7.5.4. Let us know if you need assistance. Cheers Tony

Hi Tony,

hope all is well! Yes, I would like to upgrade to the latest (which i believe is 7.5.5) and would need the upgrade script(s) for the database from 7.5.3 onwards and the latest server.war. Where can I find them?

Thanks,

Felix

Hi Felix,

Do you run your Connect on-premise or do we host your server? If you have your own server, please send me an email for the script - mharris@smartcosnervationtools.org

Thanks

Hi Felix

I’m doing well thanks, and you? I will ask the SMART program manager to assist you with the Connect server upgrade.

Cheers
Tony

Hi Monica,
we have our own server. I will send an email shortly.

Best,

Felix

1 Like