Problem with downloading CA from SMART Connect to SMART Desktop

Hello all SMART programmers!
Our team encountered a problem downloading CA from SMART Connect to SMART Desktop.

1. First, my colleague successfully created a new empty conservation area at SMART Desktop 7.5.6 and uploaded it to SMART Connect 7.5.3;

2. Then I tried to download this conservation area from SMART Connect using the same installation distributive of SMART Desktop 7.5.6 but without success;

3. I go via “Advanced” option in the splashing menu of Desktop;

4. when I enter existing login & password I see the error sort of “Conecting to SMART Connect failed. Check URL, certificate, login & password”;

5. when I enter non-existing login & password I see another error sort of “you do not have access to SMART Connect”;

6. at the same time I easily enter directly to SMART Connect via my login & password.

7. Our attempts to solve the issue with the latest SMART Desktop 7.5.7 did not help as well.

Can anyone help with this problem?

1 Like

Can you provide any error logs? Thanks

Thanks for the answer.
Where can I find this error log?

@padma , we found the log file.
The experiment described above was repeated again - first the existing login and password, and then the non-existing one.

When I enter existing login & password I see the error sort of “Conecting to SMART Connect failed. Check URL, certificate, login & password”. The timestamp for this event in the log is 04/Apr/2024:15:13:24

When I enter non-existing login & password I see another error sort of “you do not have access to SMART Connect”. The timestamp for this event in the log is 04/Apr/2024:15:13:49 +0000

For VPS we use operation system Ubuntu 20.4

log.zip (4.2 KB)

Hi - I am having errors opening up the error log. From the error - you are describing - when you enter existing login - it could be an issue with URL or whatever certificate you are using or login or password. I would paste the url/login/password into notepad++ to see if there are any extra characters or something that is creating the issue. Also check if your url is in this format. - https://exampleconnecturl.org/server
Thanks

1 Like

@padma , thanks for the reply.
I am sending the error log.

error_log.zip (4.6 KB)

1 Like

@padma , if you look at the error log catalina.2024-04-04.log, you can see that in the case of existing details (04-Apr-2024 15:13:24), the error is related to the database. The second case (04-Apr-2024 15:13:49) is purely an authentication error. The OS used is Ubuntu 20.4, not the recommended 22.4

1 Like

Hi - Couple of things to try

1. Try to update your server to 7.5.7 as well as your desktop.
  2. After doing this - might need to add a certificate
    Also could be an access issue - please make sure the Connect user has correct access rights.
    Thanks
1 Like

Thanks Padma! @padma

Where can we find the server update to version 7.5.7? or 7.5.7 smart connect?