Feature processing errors

I am using SMART Desktop and SMART Mobile. From our mobile data collection devices, we download the data files directly from the SMART data folder in the phone to a hard-drive. I am then using SMART desktop and the SMART Mobile Importer to import JSON files as new patrols (see first photo). I select “Create New Patrol” and then hit Ok (see second photo). Once I do that it begins processing and then I receive and error window that says “100 of 187 features were processed. The following 87 features could not be processed.” (see third photo). All of the features that do not get processed are of the type “SMART_ObservationType”:“Waypoint”. These processing errors occur every time I try to import SMART Mobile field data from the JSON files collected from the same two mobile devices.

I have read through the following forum posts about similar types of problems, but they do not seem to apply to my case exactly. For instance, when I use a JSON editor to review each JSON file it does not appear that any of the lines are missing (as described in the first post listed below). And the patrol start and end times do not appear to be the issue (as described in the second post listed below). Unfortunately our phones are out in the field so I am unable to send a bug report directly for the SMART mobile application.

Thank you for any help!
Maegan

Could you please create a bug report on your mobile device and send it my way?
Thanks!

I am unable to do so for another month as the phones are in use out in the field.

Can you post the JSON file? I will try to check that.

In JSON file observation type: waypoint is equal to trackpoint on gpx file.
I`m facing this problem too. To resolve this, I change the default RAM consumption of SMART desktop.

Find file SMART.ini (On SMART aplication folder), open with notepad, change the line
“-Xmx2048M” (or somerhing like that), with
“-Xmx4048M” (or higher).

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I still find this error when importing json file from SMART Mobile into SMART Desktop version 6.3.0. I am using SMART Mobile version 1.0.385. Is anyone have solved this problem? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Okta Puspita
WCSIP

Recently, I am trying to import the json files using SMART Desktop version 7.5.3 and the error not occured for severals files, but still happens on two files. I don’t the different of the files.

Best regards,
Okta Puspita

Good Afternoon All,

I too am having this problem… but only on one of my sites, files are processing normally on all my other sites. The entire patrol processes normally via SMART Connect Data Processing Queue until the last file when it gives me the following error:
Trac Processing Error 1

It seems that the files is is not processing contains all the patrol track-points as the patrol tracks are ending up like this:

We are using Blackview BV5200 Pro devices and we have ensured that all of the following settings are disabled: Battery Manager, Power Saving Mode, WiFi and Bluetooth Location services, Google Location Accuracy etc. My SMART RAM allocation is set to 8,192MB so I do not think that is the issue?

I look forward to getting some assistance on this issue.

Here is a view of the track with the track points showing - so either the GPS is either being disabled in the background on the device or the track points are not being imported correctly?

Your problem might be realted to the iisue that the last waypoint record formats the datetime field with milliseconds, but the end of a patrol record has a datetime field without milliseconds. This issue will be fixed in upcoming SMART Desktop version 7.5.7.
Until then the easiest way to solve that issue is to add to the end time of a patrol manually one second and then reprocess the rest of the waypoints.

Oliver

1 Like

thanks for the response @oadolph. Not really a workable solution as this error is occurring at a site with +/- 40 devices! What I don’t understand is why this issue is only occurring at this site and the data processing from all my other sites works without error?