SMART Connect alert from Global Forest Watch

Is there a way to link Global Forest Watch, fire web data to SMART Connect, as I want to receive from my SMART Connect: let say, I have already others types of alert on my SMART CONNECT, I want to add fire points from GFW among them.
Regards
Aristide

3 Likes

Hello Aristide,
You can find information on pulling GFW alerts into Connect in the attached powerpoint. Additional information for integrating GFW map layers into desktop SMART can be found here:

An improved integration through SMART Integrate will be available in SMART 7. Let me know any questions you have.

Regards,
Matt

GLAD-SMART Integration Manual_SMARTforum.pptx (3.7 MB)

1 Like

There are challenges with the approach in the above PDF, so it best to focus on the approach with SMART 7 and Integrate

Looking forward on GFW integration in SMART and it will be great if there is a manual or guide about it.

Thanks for sharing this. I will look through it. Again, Thanks.

Hi, I have a question?

After we link GLAD into connect, can we have the alert map in SMART Mobile?

Thank you!

Hi Bianca,

Thanks for the request. This feature isn’t included in the SMART toolkit as of yet but this would be extremely valuable and we can put this in the pipeline for consideration in upcoming releases.

Kind regards,

Alex

1 Like

@Aristide, have you had the chance to work on this? I tried but I could not find any datasets for our PAs in Madagascar.
Any advice will be more than welcome.
Best wishes,
Angelo