SMARTMOBILE 1.0.427 don´t detect files

Hello,

Testing smartmobile 1.0.427 i noted that don´t recognize the patrol package exported from smart desktop 7.5.2 or 6.3.
But in smartmobile 1.o.420 and 1.0.385 works perfectly.
I did the test in different smartphone Xiaomi 11t PRO, Samsung J5 prime, Redmi note 8T and Samsung tab A7.
In all i test the 3 version of smartmobile with the same result.
Smartmobile 1.0.427 download from playstore
Anyone have same problem?

Hello Jorge,
Do you get any sort of error or warning message when you do the export?

Hi there,

385 is required for SMART 6.3.

420 and 427 should be identical for this and and require SMART 7.5.

Cheers,
-Justin

Hi Justin:
I used the version that you mentioned.
The issue is only with 427.

HI Matt:
Not appear error or warning. The app works likes is looking for package and no appear in mobile 427, but the same patrol package in the same smartphone works fine in version 425 and 385

This is most likely a false negative. Nothing changed in that path since 420, so it could be something to do with Windows and the USB cable. Could you double check please?

I have the same problem.
smart mobile v. > 385 does not find raid packages. Only on some smartphones I was able to install newer versions of the program. In our opinion, this is related to program permissions. In particular, permission to install from an unknown source. This permission setting is available only in some versions of Android.

Hi Volodomir

Which model of cell phone are you using?

Hi.
I used all kinds of phones. So far, only Ulefon armor WT3 and xiaomi redmi 7a work with the new version.
In particular, we received 42 Blackview bv4900 and bv4900pro phones (two weeks ago) from the Support to nature protected area project and the Frankfurt Zoological Society. I also could not install the latest available version of smart 1.0.430 on them either. The program simply does not find my package in the download folder. Removed 430, put 385 and my package was found immediately.
I use Smart 7.4.1 to create packages.

How do you even export the packages its giving me some headache

Due to the fact that we have many phones (50 pcs.), I download the configuration data model to the phones as follows:

1. I create a package
  2. upload to Google Drive
  3. I download the package from Google Drive (it appears by default in the phone memory/downloads folder)
  4. Click Smart Desktop on the phone

It is here, at step 4, that the problem is with new versions of smart (>385). When pressed, nothing happens. Older versions install the raid pack successfully.

1 Like

Hi all,

Here is the guidance in the SMART Mobile manual for how to do this - General usage | CyberTracker Wiki

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Thanks

Monica

Dear All,

I meet that problem too with SMART Mobile version 434. It doesn’t work with patrol package export to file. It shows a message: " Invalid Package". And it works when I change to “export to device” or “export to connect”. I export the patrol package from SMART desktop version 7.5.3.

Best regards,
Rachana

Hi Rachana,

Sorry for the delay. At what stage are you getting the error, immediately on export or when trying to import to Mobile?

FYI, to get the Mobile package to load into Mobile you need to make sure you put it in the following directory on the device: Android\data[org.cybertracker.mobile.smk](http://org.cybertracker.mobile.smk)\files?

If the issue is with the export itself, perhaps we can check / change the export location, given that it is working fine when exported to device…

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex, thank you. It works now.

Cheers,
Rachana

Hello, I am having the same problem.

I am using:

• SMART Desktop 6.3 and SMART Mobile 1.0.434.
  • Galaxy Tab S2 as device

I have already checked the USB to be configured to Transfer files and shows up in Windows Explorer as a device.

This is how the procedure looks like

The package is successfully exported. However, when tapping on my device the “SMART Desktop” option to scan the project, it doesn’t appear.

Any suggestion will be welcome

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

For SMART Desktop 6.3, the latest build you can use of SMART Mobile is 385 or previous versions. Any version above that requires SMART 7 which will be available very soon.

SMART Mobile 385 is available from our website here - Download SMART 6.3

Thanks

Monica

2 Likes

I first downloaded the SMART Mobile with the Playstore, but now I have just downloaded the 385 version with the APK, and it worked out.

Thanks, Monica

1 Like

Two last questions,

• with SMART Mobile 385 we do not have the QR Code option?
    Because the icon doesn’t appear on the Connect Label, and when pressing the project “Project Detail” does not show up either, as mentioned in the SMART Mobile Manual Version 2.0 2022-08

• Additionally, it seems that when downloading SMART Mobile with the APK, the kiosk mode activates automatically, even when we do not select that option while exporting the project from SMART Desktop. Otherwise, why am I asked to introduce a pin (1234) when I go out from the Project label to come back to Connect label?

Hi Jackie,

Just checking you’ve deselected kiosk mode in the Cybertracker properties / options in SMART desktop, in the profile associated with your export?

And correct, QR code support is only with SMART 7, hence why only the older (385) SMART Mobile versions work with SMART 6 - there are a lot of SMART 7 specific features in the later versions of Mobile.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Like