Welcome to the SMART Community Forum! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone,
My name is Andrés Calderón and I am looking for support training in a SMART tool in Colombia. Our proyect is about conectivity corridor. Regards

Hello everyone, I am Shedrick E. Smith from Liberia, i work for the Society for the Conservation of Nature of Liberia (SCNL) one of the leading national Civil Society organizations working in the conservation sector as the Data management Officer. We started using SMART for the community Ecoguard patrols since 2020 with external expertise, however, I have developed a very strong interest in mastering this application, as our technical advisor will shortly be leaving. So, I am very happy to be here and hope to benefit from you as a community.

Hello
I am Nchanji Roland, the Assistant Biomonitoring Office for WCS Tamkamanda-Mone Landscape Project in Cameroon. I am new in the field of SMART technilogy and i beleif this is an opportunity for me to excel and gain expertise from this great team. Takamanda-Mone habours a sub population of Cross River Gorillas which were declayed endangered by the IUCN. A series of projects have been geared towards the conservation of this flagship species and in my capacity as a Biomonitoring Assistant, it is my responsibility to have a day to day data or information about the ecology and behavior of this species. Having skills in SMART technology will act as a tool towards the sustainable conservation of this species.
I remain very commited to collaborate with each and every one in the forum.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Lourette here from Zambia. Implemented SMART at Ilinda Game Reserve and I’m trying to register it under My Site. However I am continually receiving this error on saving. Any advise as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you.

Error saving
Failed to convert parameter value from a String to a Int32

Hello everyone, my name is Alex Stewart, and I am the Biological Monitoring Officer at Frankfurt Zoological Society Guyana Inc. I am a new user of SMART . Our plan as an organisation is to implement the use of SMART as a tool to enhance ecological monitoring, law enforcement, and management within the Kanuku Mountain Protected Areas.

Greetings from Brisbane, Australia. Nate Peterson here working with The Nature Conservancy. I’ve been working to implement SMART monitoring at our conservation site in the Arnavon Islands Marine Park, Solomon Islands. The team has relied on paper forms for far too long! The handheld devices (Blackview BV8000’s) loaded with SMART mobile are a welcome upgrade, especially the night vision camera. The team is still in testing phase with SMART but initial results are positive. The challenge I have in front of me is streamlining the data retrieval, followed by desktop analysis, and formatting a report.

I would welcome any tips or suggestions on these next steps… Are you having good luck with Connect or do you do manual data downloads? Any suggestions or report templates out there I could learn from?

Thanks!